Saturday, March 26, 2011

If I should live to be ninety, I will never forget/The little shrimp and the song he sang as he jumped into the net - Shrimp and asparagus pasta

I didn't really feel like cooking tonight, but I did have an idea earlier, when we were at the grocery store, to make a pasta with shrimp and asparagus. So I had to finally tear myself away from the kittens (though the bold Starbuck eventually followed me in there - brave little cat!). This took about 25 minutes to make, total and by the time it was done, I was hungry. 


First I blanched the asparagus in boiling, salted water, then I heated olive oil, added the raw shrimp and three fat cloves of garlic. Once the shrimp was almost done, I added the drained asparagus, salt and pepper and cooked for a few minutes longer. Then I added the cooked fettuccini, a bunch of grated parmesan and it was done. Easy peasy. 

No comments: