Wednesday, March 16, 2011

I feel good in a special way/I'm in love and it's a sunny day - Teriyaki chicken

I spent the vast majority of my day today outside; first at work, then at home doing some seed planting, and finally raking up the layer of dead leaves (why didn't they decompose this year???) and the embarrassingly large amount of dog poop in the yard (to my neighbors, I apologize). Around 4p, when I realized it was 4p rather than 1:30p (where did the day go?), I grabbed some chicken legs out of the freezer with absolutely no idea what I was going to do with them.

Around 6:30 the yard work was done and we were sitting outside in the waning sun, drinks in hand, feeling the chill of the evening creeping in. It seemed crazy not to fire up the grill so I threw some teriyaki marinade on the chicken and popped them on the grill. I remembered we had leftover asparagas salad and I steamed some buttery red potatoes. I chopped them up and drizzled them with olive oil (which is a really nice, really fragrant and flowery one) and sprinkled with this silly pink salt from Australia. Nice.

 


No comments: