Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Who's Crying Now?

Wouldn't you know it that the very act of
*looking* for interesting junk on the street has made said junk no more. I mean, I understand that the search has changed the whole notion of an accidentally found object, but hell, there's a whole damn magazine about this sort of thing. Maybe I need to widen my search area. The pacifier is the only thing I found worth picking up. I hesitated before snatching some kid's beloved binky but I realized that surely no one would come back for it and actually use it again, right? It's been sitting on the sidewalk, fer crissakes.

In addition to the binky, I saw several balls of varying sorts. Then I spotted an excellent wooden desk and some Adirondack-style furniture that just needs some painting to fix 'em right up. I really want the desk for myself -- it's small-ish, probably from the late '50s or early '60s with lots of drawers on either side. It needs painting or refinishing but it would be good as new after, I'm sure. It's damn heavy, though, and I don't know how I could get it home. The price I have paid for trading in my ginormous minivan for a sporty little 2-door.

No comments: