Tuesday, March 13, 2007

What's For Dinner



We bought some frozen tilapia at Target yesterday and decided to have it for dinner last night. The price seemed reasonable, but upon tasting it, I'm pretty sure it was catfish masquerading as tilapia, complete with that muddy, bottom-feeder taste. Which is fine if you're eating (and paying for) catfish, but not really what I want in tilapia, known, basically, for being the somewhat tasteless blank slate of fish. Anyway, I marinated it in orange juice, olive oil, garlic and a hot spice mix and grilled it indoors along with a little chorizo. I made my own version of Rice-o-Roni and we had our new favorite salad alongside. We go on salad kicks and our latest is one made of baby spring greens and spinach, toasted sesame seeds and almonds, and mandarin oranges tossed with a citrus vinaigrette that I make from the juice in the oranges, rice vinegar, OJ, canola oil, honey and a touch of mustard. Yum.

No comments: