Friday, February 25, 2011

Pizza Pizza!

The Boy had a brilliant idea this afternoon at the grocery store. "Let's have pizza!" I hadn't made a pizza in quite some time and now that I think about it, I'm not sure why. At any rate, fresh salsiccia in hand, special "pizza yeast" purchased and we had a plan.

I let the pizza dough rise for a little bit, maybe 15 minutes, even though the directions said it wasn't necessary. The resulting crust was thinnish (I spread it out on a pretty large baking sheet) and light and crispy. It wasn't chewy at all, which I missed a little bit, but it tasted good. I didn't exactly follow the recipe given on the yeast, so I can't attest to what happens if you do.

This one was topped with the aforementioned salsiccia, cremini mushrooms, red pepper, onion, corn and mozzarella. And it was good.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It looks absolutely delish!