Monday, January 26, 2009

D.A. - Monday, January 26, 2009

My first little rush of pleasure today came when I started cleaning the snow off my car in the dark of 6:30am. Much to my surprise, the snow was that lovely fluffy and dry stuff -- powder it's called, right? -- it just swept right off the car.

I got a good deal of pleasure today from a caller to my show who had called last week as well to inquire about the Cold War Kids. Last week I told him their newest was my favorite album of the year. Today he told me he went out and bought it and on the first listen he wasn't convinced, but that after a couple more times through he was converted. I love that! And I've had some really nice comments lately about my mix of music -- old and new, familiar and not. It's satisfying to know I'm not playing into a void.

And this evening Facebook was a source of goodness yet again. It is current fashion to post notes containing 25 random facts about yourself and Steve wrote his own today. It contained two really sweet items about me and I was reminded, again, of just how lucky I am.

As always, I am extremely grateful for the daily contact I have with my friends and loved ones. I go on about how I would be happy never to leave my house but that is only with the giant caveat that I would still have the Internet to stay in constant touch with everyone I care about.

It is snowing like crazy as I write this and the only reason I don't care is that Steve is off tomorrow and neither of us has to drive in it. Really, though, I am over snow. I'd be perfectly happy never seeing it again. Yes, that silence of a snow-covered night is lovely, but I would trade it for a sweltering, insect-buzzing summer midnight in a second.

No comments: