Tuesday, May 6, 2008

I will show another me/Today I don't need a replacement/

I'll tell them what the smile on my face meant/My heart going boom boom boom/"Hey" I said "You can keep my things, they've come to take me home."

Inspired by my friend and co-worker Michael, I hereby swear to blog every day for at least seven days. Now I just have to figure out what to write about. Perhaps I'll start with a general state of the union address.

I've avoided my usual bitching and whining and ranting and raving for some time, not because I didn't have anything to rant about, but because it was getting tedious, even to me. Work has had its ups and downs; downs so low that I was thinking of desperate means to be able to leave it. Things got better, mostly, immediately after the apex of misery. I'm inherently lazy and very disinclined to go through the agony of a job search, so I've decided to stay put and wait until some other opportunity comes to me (hey, it could happen!). And then there's Michael. I don't make new friends very easily or very often. When it happens at work, it's kind of extra special to me. I mean, I have to be there, I have to go to work -- having someone there I actually love spending time with makes the job so much more tolerable. Knowing I'm going to work most or all of a shift with Michael makes it feel more like a social event than work. That's invaluable to me. My point is, as long as Michael is there, I'm most likely not going anywhere. [I will deal with the possibility of him moving away soon...never.] And there are other people there I enjoy spending time with, so I'm hanging in there, trying not to take the little insanities and inanities that surround me personally.

Which leads me to my general state of mind these days: Happy and contented. Maybe it's the onset of spring with its warm temperatures and longer days that has boosted my mood and my energy levels. Maybe it's my very regular diet of real time and virtual time sex that has conspired to make me a calmer, happier person. Or is being a calmer, happier person why I'm having more sex? Honestly, with the results what they are, do I care which came first? I think not.

Tomorrow, or maybe even later tonight, I will write about Iron Man and my renewed lust for Robert Downey, Jr.

No comments: