Sunday, September 18, 2011

Every time i see your face/It reminds me of the places we used to go/But all I got is a photograph/And I realize you're not coming back anymore

Even though I am occasionally annoyed by various posted mobile phone photos because of the "vintage" effects and what not, perhaps I was mostly jealous that I had a simple phone with a very simple camera. Now I have a not so simple phone and access to a great deal of camera apps with a wide range of photographic effects. Thanks to Jim Varvaris for introducing me to Vignette, a free demo. (There is also a pay version, but for now I'm sticking to the free until I understand it more and figure out what the pay version can do better.)

I'm playing around with lots of effects, though I've barely scratched the surface. You know I love tilt-shift more than anything, but the Vignette's aptitude for it leave a bit to be desired. I need to figure out how to use it to its best advantage. Lots of trial and error in my future.













This last one is my favorite. I love transforming the backyard to a tiny tableau!

No comments: