Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Dunk my heart in a vat of lard/it's getting all crispy and it's gettin' all hard/Deep fried love, come on give me the grease -

There are things I have purposefully not learned to make, mostly because I don't want it to be [relatively] easy to produce things I probably shouldn't eat very often anyway. Another barrier down today as I took the leap and made chicken fried steak. It's not a difficult dish; more just a pain in the ass to get things timed correctly.

I took round steak out of the freezer with no clear plan, so I did an ingredients search on Allrecipes.com and all I could see were various recipes for chicken fried steak. And so it was written. And so it was. (This was the basic recipe I used, for Steak Fingers.) Of course, there had to be mashed potatoes (and I will cop to making the instant variety because the Boy prefers them), and milk gravy. For good measure, I threw in a salad made from arugula, Boston lettuce, tomato and fried onions.

No comments: