Thursday, May 24, 2007

How Does My Coleus Grow

While some might consider coleus a pedestrian garden plant, I love it. It's easy to grow, tolerant to heat and [a little] neglect and shade (which I have in abundance) actually makes the pinks, greens, yellows and reds of the foliage even brighter and bolder. To save some bucks this year, I bought very few annuals for my pots and then sowed a couple packs of coleus seeds in the pots to supplement. It's taken several weeks, but the wee plants are finally emerging and I think they are the cutest goddamn sprouts I've ever seen. They emerged with little splotches of maroon on their bright green teeny leaves and they stole my heart. See for yourself.


To show just how tiny they are, here's a picture of some in a pot along with a medium sized nicotiana plant.


I know I should thin them out to encourage growth, but I just can't bear to do it. Maybe I'll wait a bit until they're big enough to replant somewhere else.

While I had the camera outside, I thought I'd take pictures of my future pesto meals, chicken seasoning and the stuff that makes foccacia good.


Oh, and I think my second interview went well. I hope so anyway. Just hoping for a call now...

No comments: