Sunday, February 5, 2012

Chili! Meaty and Vegetariany!

Though we are still well above what you might think temperatures should be in February, it is going to be a little colder in the coming days. Not that I really need an excuse, but colder weather makes me think of chili! I love chili, particularly Midwestern chili, full of beans and tomatoes. I know some Texans get all heated up when they hear of their beloved dish being perverted by any vegetable/legume other than peppers, but this isn't Texas, and I like our chili just the way we do it.


My chili is meaty (featuring a combination of ground beef and a touch of pork), full of beans, in a tomato-y base. Of course, there are onions and garlic galore, sweet and hot peppers, lots of warm spices like cumin and coriander, plus my own secret ingredients (if I tell you, then you wouldn't need me, would you?). Because I care about my vegetarian friends, I shall also be making a batch of meatless chili, with essentially the same ingredients, switching out the meat for a soy-based product, and the addition of some extra vegetables.


Because they go so well with chili, I'm making corn muffins again this week!


You know the drill:



Chili is priced as follows (you can mix and match!): 

1 quart/$8     2 quarts/$15      3 quarts/$22     4 quarts/$28

Corn muffins    6/$3.50

To order, email me: cattmkitchen@gmail.com or clp772@gmail.com. Delivery/pickup will be towards the end of the week. You can also message me on Facebook or you can text me if you have my number! 

No comments: