Sunday, January 29, 2012

Two Soups!

Indecision has gotten the better of me, so I am making two completely different soups this week rather than a regular and a vegetarian version of the same soup. I'm doing this earlier in the week this time, with the intention of all orders being delivered by Friday at the very latest, so I would like to get all orders in by Tuesday night (1/31/12). You know you want some soup for lunch this week! Without any further ado...


First soup up is a minestrone style vegetable, starting with a rich beef stock and shredded beef. I will load the stock up with all kinds of vegetables (I'll get what looks best when I'm shopping), tomatoes, tiny pasta shells, and a healthy helping of beans. It's a fiber-rich soup, full of vitamins, and it's hearty and filling.


Next up is a lovely cream of mushroom, all vegetarian. A variety of mushrooms will swim in a thyme-scented vegetable broth, along with onions and garlic. This soup will be thickened with a buttery roux and finished with cream and a generous splash of sherry.


To accompany both soups, I'm making corn muffins in the sweeter, Northern style.



Soup is priced as follows (you can mix and match!): 

1 quart/$8     2 quarts/$15      3 quarts/$22

Corn muffins    6/$3.50

To order, email me: cattmkitchen@gmail.com or clp772@gmail.com. You can message me on Facebook or you can text me if you have my number! 

No comments: