Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Soup, Week 2: Tomato Lentil Chorizo!

Thanks to everyone who ordered soup last week! The feedback was good and I had some fun stirring those big pots of soup so we're going to do it again this week.


This weeks's soup is Tomato Lentil and Chorizo. The idea for this soup came to me during a westward trip down I64. I'm not sure how that's relevant, but it's a true story. I love lentils in every incarnation, and a combination of tomatoes, lentils, and spicy chorizo just seemed perfect for these chilly days. A rich tomato broth will hold brown lentils, caramelized onions, garlic, smokey spices, mild peppers, potatoes, and fresh chorizo sausage. This will be a hearty, stick to your ribs soup, with a bit of spice! I am also happy to do a vegetarian version.

As an accompaniment, I will make plain white bread boules with just a hint of cornmeal for an extra bit of crunchiness.

Soup is priced as follows: 

1 quart/$8     2 quarts/$15      3 quarts/$22

Bread Loaves    $3.50

I am taking orders starting immediately (Tuesday) until late Thursday night. I can make deliveries starting mid-day Friday, January 27 and/or Saturday, January 28. You can also arrange to pick up orders at our house starting on Friday. We might arrange pickup points, etc. if there is a central location that might serve several customers at once. We don't want to go too far out of the inner ring suburbs, but we'll go where we need to!

I can't wait to make soup for you! 

To order, email me: cattmkitchen@gmail.com or clp772@gmail.com. Or heck, you can message me on Facebook. You can text me if you have my number! 

No comments: