Tuesday, May 24, 2011

More pizza...

I wasn't completely satisfied with Sunday's attempt at a Pi-style deep dish pizza, so I tried again on Monday. I used half cornmeal/half flour for the crust and I think this time it was too much cornmeal so I will need to do more adjusting in the future. Or perhaps I should use olive oil to grease the pan...

At any rate, this edition was filled with Italian sausage, sauteed with onion and yellow peppers. I used a combination of mozzarella, a pizza cheese mix and some Monterey jack. I only had crushed tomatoes at hand so I did miss the chunkier texture I had in the first pizza, though the flavor was essentially the same.

An inside view:
Further experimentation is needed and will be done, but considering that hot weather is arriving, it may be saved for the fall as this non-central ac house doesn't do so well with baking in the summer.

No comments: