Wednesday, April 13, 2011

And for a minute there/I lost myself/I lost myself- Hamburgers

On Sunday, my gas grill wouldn't light and even though I replaced the propane tank (and damn, it kills me to know I returned it at least half full - grrrrrrr, hate wasting money!), it still wouldn't light. I did a little bit of research online and it sounded like I might have a busted regulator. My brother, who is light years smarter than me at anything mechanical (he will fearlessly tackle anything!), assured me that regulators seldom fail and that I just needed to unhook the tank and hook it back up again. Since I had just hooked up this new tank, I didn't think that would work, so I didn't try it again. So today I bought the replacement part and decided to give it a go.

When I got it home, I thought I'd give my brother's trick another shot before I attempted any mechanics. Et voila! it worked. No repair needed. To celebrate: burgers! For an accompaniment I thought I would skip the usual potatoes and make some egg noodles, topped with ricotta cheese and lemon zest, and a salad. I was seriously craving honey mustard dressing, but didn't have any. Who knew it was as easy as mayo, lemon juice, honey and mustard? But it is!

No comments: