Friday, November 21, 2008

You know that I could be in love with almost everyone/I think that people are/The greatest fun/And I will be alone again tonight my dear

Before I get to posting the paintings I've done, I'm going to rant just a bit over my former employer, Big Fucking Espresso. My last day of work was September 26. As of today, November 21, my separation has not been processed and I have not received my two weeks of vacation pay (I did not take one single day off during my 18+ months of employment except for jury duty and the death of my brother-in-law), nor has my insurance been sorted out as they think I'm still employed. A lesser person might have been using my employee numbers to receive discounts and get my free pound of coffee every week. Or maybe a smarter person. Frankly, I can't really stand to step foot inside one of those green prisons so I'm not sure it's because I'm noble or because I'm stupid. I had to speak to my full of vitriol district manager ten days ago and she made a host of empty excuses as to why the separation hadn't been processed and claimed to be doing it again as we spoke. But now ten days later, nope, not a sign. And her excuse, when the 800 line people called her as I waited today, is that she's had issues with her laptop. She's a fucking lying, evil little woman. They suggested I go one step further and speak to a different level of management. I did and this person did not like the way things had been handled and she promised to call that district manager immediately and take care of it. We shall see what happens.

Okay, deep breath.

I painted, finally. And here's what I ended up with.



C. Pick, "Alone Again Or #1" 2008, watercolor on paper, 4"x5.5"


C. Pick, "Alone Again Or #2" 2008, watercolor on paper, 5.5"x4"


C. Pick, "Alone Again Or #3" 2008, watercolor on paper, 4"x5.5"


C. Pick, "Alone Again Or #4" 2008, watercolor on paper, 5.5"x4"

No comments: