Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Split Pea, Meaty and Vegetarian, Madeleines for Dessert!

I was floundering this week, trying to decide what soup I wanted to make. Two different kinds? One kind in meaty and vegetarian forms? Experiment with bold flavors? (That last one is coming soon...) I was meandering around a food store, looking for inspiration when I stumbled upon my answer. So, this week we shall have Split Pea! Naturally thick and creamy, I will start with a mirepoix for rich flavor and add a homemade smoky sausage, diced potatoes, and a touch of barley to round out the soup. The vegetarian version can be with or without a similarly flavored meat substitute - your choice!


My sweet tooth is feeling terribly neglected so cakes and cookies are always in the back of my mind. Madeleines are a perfect combination of both so petite madeleines
 it shall be this week! Dark chocolate dipped if you so desire, plain if you don't Or a mixture of both! FYI, madeleines are a buttery French cake-like cookie with a hint of lemon baked in a shell-shaped mold.



Soup
1 quart/$8     2 quarts/$15     3 quarts/$22     4 quarts/$28

Cookies
$5/doz (I can mix and match plain and choco dipped!)


(Payment via cash, check, credit, or Paypal)

I'm taking orders till Wednesday evening. Orders taken via emails, text messages, carrier pigeon, smoke signals, etc. Pickup will be Friday evening and Saturday. Delivery available for an additional $2 to City and inner ring suburbs.

No comments: