Tuesday, March 15, 2011

It's Time to Make the Donuts

I went to Allrecipes.com this afternoon to look for a recipe for...something. I saw a photo of a donut on the front page and things spiraled from there and I have no idea if I managed to look up what I originally went for. For a brief moment I considered making yeast/raised donuts until I remembered I didn't have any appropriate yeast, so I kept exploring until I found a cake donut recipe that sounded right and easy enough. I love cake donuts; some more than others. There used to be a place on Manchester, near Kingshighway, that had the best cinnamon cake donuts; the cake was full of nutmeg and the outside was almost crispy with just the right amount of  cinnamon sugar coating it. I added extra nutmeg to this recipe (probably about a 1/4 teaspoon, freshly grated) and these came really close. Easy peasy recipe too, taking probably only 30 minutes start to finish.



2 comments:

erin ficke said...

i saw the same donut picture on the same day, and remember wondering if that was where you got the idea. i thought of donuts all day.

Unknown said...

I am a slave to Allrecipes, sometimes! Very susceptible!