Thursday, September 20, 2007

The Life of Riley

What does that even mean?I dunno where it originates, but it's what I'm living right now. What am I talking about? Well, I'm writing from the couch while watching TV. On the intarnet and watching television all at the same time. Even better, I'm using my neighbor's unsecured wi-fi service to do it. Now, I understand that I'm way behind the times here, but it's new to me. And while I'm not using my own laptop right now, I will be using my own beautiful, vintage Mac blueberry tomorrow morning thanks to my talented friend Roy. So does everyone drag their laptops around everywhere with them when they first get them? I can see myself doing it. Ten minute break at work? Get out the laptop. Doctor's office (as if I ever go to the doctor!)? Pull out the laptop!

How will I pull myself away from my new 'puter to work on all the zillion things I have to do to get ready for Strange Folk? It won't be easy, but I have to get myself prepared and ready to go by 6:30am on Saturday morning. Last year, the morning of SF dawned with cold weather and rain rain rain. It stopped raining early in the day, but even the rain didn't stop customers from coming. This Saturday's predicted sun and 85 degrees should guarantee a great crowd. It's been weeks and weeks since I've sold anything so it will be interesting to be out there again. Plus, my job has given me a lot of experience dealing with customers so maybe I won't be such a spazz anymore.

OK, this is a complicated Burn Notice I'm watching, so I gotta go.

No comments: