Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Go on take everything take everything I want you to

Oh, the roller coaster that is my work life! Miserable days, happy days, days split evenly between the two. I'm hoping to level out at some point and be able to blow off the unpleasant vibes and just be confident in my performance. Surely it will happen before too long. Then I get to start all over again with a new crew of people when my 'real' store opens and I transfer there! Can't wait! But I've already worked a couple of shifts as the supervisor and it was kind of intimidating. How to balance being authoritative enough with still being friendly and encouraging is quite a challenge to me. I'm trying to take tips from the managers who have inspired me and establish my own routine.

Anyway, things are all right. I did do some painting the other day, though not to any completion of a project or anything. It still made me feel better to just be able to stop thinking thinking thinking and do, you know? Today I have a day off and while I could easily spend more hours with the paint, I'm going to visit my mom and my niece in St. Charles. Hopefully I'll get home in time to do some creative stuff as well this afternoon.

I wish that I could insert here a picture of what Steve and I saw as we were walking Foxy Brown this morning. On the next block over we were walking down the street and I looked over at a house and saw FOUR cats all sitting in the window staring intently at us. We crossed so we could see them closer and suddenly a fifth cat popped up and commenced staring. It was the cutest, cutest thing. None of them moved an inch, just stared and stared. They looked like a poster. All beautiful cats (who am I kidding? I think all cats are beautiful) including a pale tortie, a tabby point Siamese and some sort of long-haired Siamese blend. I am terribly envious of any cats with Siamese characteristics and these make me long for a kitten. My beloved tortie Lydia's mother was a Siamese, so Lydia has the very distinct personality traits, but I'd love to have a cat with the outside traits too.

Do I have anything else to say? Hmmm. Time is flying at the same time it's going slow. Our DJ gig at the Royale was moved to July 20 this month (rather than the first Friday of the month) and it seems like it will never get here. I have to see Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix in the next few days and the last HP book, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows comes out next week. In tribute, I'm wearing my tiny silver Harry Potter wand pendant all month. Yeah, I'm a geek.

OK, now I'm just writing for the hell of it and that's not interesting to you or me. So, see ya when I have more to say (or show).

No comments: