Thursday, February 12, 2009

Sick, sick, sick/Don't resist

That's Mr. Baby, stretching that leg out and showing me his adorable, ginormous paw.

The week started well. Mondays are always good because it's radio show time and I love doing my show. I was nervous knowing I had an interview in the afternoon, but it was a normal amount of nerves, nothing debilitating.

Time for the interview rolled around fast enough and I headed out. Luckily the office was only five minutes from home. The interview seemed to go great and I'm pretty certain I aced the aptitude test. Now, as they're a staffing company, I just have to wait for something to come up. Let's hope it's soon.

Tuesday dawned with perfect weather. I ran out for errands just before lunch and reveled in the nearly 70F weather. It shouldn't be that nice in February, but you won't hear me complaining. Once I got home, though, I felt strangely warm and felt a little odd. And damn if I didn't have a fever; low grade, but enough to make me More tired than usual, I went to bed before 10:30p but woke around midnight knowing something was wrong. Six hours later and my gastro-intestinal system had completely purged itself of anything left inside me. I am sparing you many, many gory details of my miserable night. Suffice it to say there was much moaning, and not the good kind. By 6am my stomach was empty and I felt a teeny bit better but things were most definitely not right. By midday on Wednesday, my fever was up to 101.8, the highest I've had in years. Basically I spent my day huddled on the couch wrapped in a down comforter, sipping at flat Coca-Cola. The only good thing was that I slept for a full nine hours on Wednesday night. That never happens.

Today has been much, much better. My stomach is still quite delicate and I thought that I had ruined things a bit after eating a bagel with cream cheese, and I'm still quite sure things are yet right, but the fever is way down and I feel so much better. On the job front, I got a very mysterious call in response to a Craigslist post I answered. A young woman with a very cute, posh Brit accent asked me some preliminary questions and informed me I'd only get another call if they wanted to interview me. Who knows what will come of that.

In another, very nice development, I got to flex my jewelry making muscles today. But I'll keep that quiet until after Valentine's Day so as not to spoil anyone's surprise.

So, I sit here, my stomach gurgling unpleasantly. Please, no more.

No comments: