Sunday, September 18, 2011

Sunday - Jewelry, Beef, Pie

And here is my first batch of jewelry made with my first round of ceramics. I'm pretty happy with how things have turned out. I still have a pile of beads, but I can't decide what to do with them yet. Now I need to make more. Must. Make. More.

Dinner tonight was rare roast beef, smashed potatoes and salad. I used a liquid steak marinade stuff on the roast and I think it left it a little too soy-y. For some reason, the flavor was more overpowering on a roast than on a steak. Lesson learned. Still, it was rare beef, which is never a bad thing.

I also made little apple pies today with empanada rounds. Because I didn't want them to bake too long, I precooked the apples (two Jonagolds made eight little pies) with sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. I let them simmer for quite some time, probably around 45-50 minutes. The little pies then baked about 15 minutes, till they were light golden brown.

Last but not least, a gratuitous shot of Boomer being really cute.

No comments: