Sunday, August 28, 2011

Pan-Fried Chicken and Something-a-Roni and Plants

I put off making dinner last night up until the very moment before the Boy became frantic. He likes a more uniform meal schedule and sometimes I challenge him that way. But sometimes I just can't force cooking inspiration, particularly with something so variable as chicken breasts.

Lacking any other inspiration, I seasoned the breasts and put them in a hot skillet and cooked them till crispy and done. After I took it out the pan, I made a teeny bit of cream gravy with the drippings. I had a hankering for my version of Rice-a-Roni which means browning broken up spaghetti noodles and rice with onions, and then adding bullion (I used beef because that's what I had) and simmering until the rice is done. Easy, cheap and so much tastier than the boxed stuff. We also still had leftovers of the stewed okra so that became the other side dish.
Today I had plans to try to make pretty wearable things out of my ceramic pieces. So far, I have not been inspired in that direction. Instead, I went outside (in the lovely weather) and potted and re-potted a bunch of plants I had hanging around. I don't know where I'm going to put them all once the weather changes, particularly since the kittens will be hard to thwart and they surely do like chewing on plants. Perhaps I should plant a pot of cat grass for them.










No comments: