Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Vegetable Soup with Quinoa, Beer Bread with Herbs!

I don't know why I'm so indecisive lately, but I'm finding it harder and harder to make up my mind about which soup to make each week. I just want to pick the perfect one, I guess. At any rate, this week I think the perfect soup is Vegetable with Quinoa, Beefy or Vegetarian.

Vegetable soup is one of my favorite things as I have so many ingredients to choose from depending on what looks good at the market. Suffice it to say both versions will be chock full of vitamin rich vegetables of all colors from red cabbage to yellow squash to green peas. A hint of tomato in the broth will add a nice acidity and the quinoa will make each bowl satisfying and full of protein.

I'm loving the idea of an herb-y beer bread little loaves this week. Remember, it may be warm today, but it's going to be soup weather again in a matter of HOURS! Be prepared!

Soup:

1 quart/$8    2 quarts/$15      3 quarts/$21     4 quarts/$28

Bread:

$2.50/loaf

As usual, I accept cash, check, Paypal or Visa/Mastercard/etc. Delivery available as far as inner ring suburbs (Webster, U City, inside 170), and you can always arrange pick up here in South City. I hope to have soup done by Thursday and will need all deliveries/pick ups made by Friday afternoon/evening please! Email me to order (please specify beef or vegetarian): clp772@gmail.com, cattmkitchen@gmail.com.

Thank you!
Inline image 2
Inline image 3Inline image 4

No comments: