Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Ratatouille Stew and Baguettes

This week I am craving the flavors of the south of France so I hope you are too! To satisfy that craving, I'm cooking up my take on the classic French ratatouille. Rather than a baked casserole, I will transfer all those flavors into a thick, savory vegan stew. Traditional ratatouille combines eggplant, zucchini, onions, garlic, peppers, and tomatoes, along with the wonderfully fragrant herbs de Provence; my stew will have all that and more! 

To accompany the ratatouille, I'm baking crusty baguettes this week!

Serving suggestion: To make the ratatouille into a side dish, you could serve it over a bit of brown rice or couscous with a nice piece of roasted or poached fish!




Soup:

1 quart/$8    2 quarts/$15      3 quarts/$21     4 quarts/$28

Bread:

$3/loaf

As usual, I accept cash, check, Paypal or Visa/Mastercard/etc. Delivery available as far as inner ring suburbs (Webster, U City, inside 170), and you can always arrange pick up here in South City. I'm aiming to have the ratatouille done and available for delivery/pickup by Friday afternoon. Email me to order: clp772@gmail.com or cattmkitchen@gmail.com.

Thank you!




No comments: