Sunday, October 2, 2011

You'd kill yourself for recognition, kill yourself to never ever stop

I threatened to make pizza for a couple days but it didn't happen until today. This one was a thinner crust version, topped with "country" sausage from Schnucks (I always suppose this is their version of breakfast sausage, but this stuff is very spicy and full of red pepper flakes), mushrooms, red bell pepper and sweet onion. It was a good pizza.

Even though the weather hasn't been terribly cool yet, I've been craving cold weather food like soups. I found some chicken leg quarters on sale, which seemed like as good an excuse as any to make chicken noodle soup.

1 comment:

Gaylan said...

Schnucks' sausage never seems to be that flavorful to me (except for their spicy stadium brats, which are truly spicy). My grandfather, who would have turned 100 this Tuesday, supposedly made the most delicious sausage when he was a grocer, but as far as I know he didn't pass along his recipe to anyone.