Thursday, June 23, 2011

And then he stood in the check-out line/Approximately 3 hours/"This is cold w ar!" shouted a clerk/"This is Russian hell!" shouted a jerk - Bacon and egg cupcakes

"Cupcakes" is a bit of a misnomer in this recipe as there is no batter and nothing remotely sweet. They aren't even made in cupcake papers, though they are supposed to be baked in a jumbo muffin tin. So, Bacon and Egg Muffins would be a better name, I think, though that is still not quite hitting it.

A friend posted these on Facebook the other day and they were irresistible as I love all the components (only three of them, actually) and I will take any excuse to eat eggs at any time of the day. The Boy isn't big on breakfasts that deviate from his decades long juice-cereal-banana-whilst-reading-the-paper routine so these beauties had to be for dinner.

Unfortunately, in the thrill of buying bacon and biscuits I totally forgot that I don't own a jumbo muffin pan to bake these in so I had to improvise with rings of heavy duty foil on a cookie sheet. There was a teeny bit of egg leakage, but otherwise it worked fine.

Make these; they are delicious.


No comments: