Saturday, April 25, 2009

Shameless self-promotion







Anyone wanna buy a poured Portland cement leaf plate (or three)? I used real leaves to mold all of these (which required some surreptitious hunting for big elephant ears...) After hardening I painted them with metallic acrylics and sealed with an acrylic finish. I wouldn't recommend putting any moist food on them because of the sealer and paint not being technically food-safe, but I wouldn't hesitate to serve crackers or something like that off of them.

These have lived, wrapped in newspaper and stacked together, on my front porch for 1.5 years, so I would think that makes them relatively weather safe. A couple have cracks that formed in the drying process, not in the sitting on my front porch process.

Make me an offer.

2 comments:

Allison said...

I thought these were real at first!

Colin said...

those are really cool