Saturday, November 8, 2008

I'm good to go and I'm going nowhere fast/It could be worse I could be taking you there with me/I'm good to go...it looks like I'm still on my own

I don't think I've ever resorted to the bullet-point blog entry, but today I have a bunch of little things I want to write about today, so deal.

  • We'll start with Election Day. Holy shit, it really happened. We won. (The night was marred only by a close up shot of my most unresolved ex-boyfriend, complete with a studied beatific smile, in Grant Park. One million people there and he ends up on TV. Whatever. I'm sure he's still the neurotic, tortured artist he always was.) Today at the grocery store I had to choke back the happy tears when I saw the People and UsWeekly covers featuring our new president and first lady.
  • Subterranean Books requested more cardstocks so I ordered more Gocco supplies from Japan and spent a couple of weeks torturing myself over designs for one vaguely holiday card and one unspecific notecard. I managed to do all the printing I could do yesterday, but I still have to actually put the cards together and embellish them properly. Special thanks to Allison for a pile of kid books she salvaged for me when her school's libary culled their collection. I printed on a bunch of them and I think it looks fabulous. (I suspect Allison would also approve of the images from the old Flowers of Somewhere or Other book I printed on.) I documented the mess I made yesterday:










  • As if I don't ramble on enough here, I asked the Mister if I could write for the Euclid Records blog and he graciously accepted my offer. To read my ruminations on the 20th anniversary of R.E.M.'s Green, click here.
  • Last night we went to Off Broadway to see Magnolia Summer perform, celebrating the release of their new CD. The band sounded great and I got to see some of my favorite people. Can I just say that I know some hot 50 year old men. I am quite certain that 50 year old men did not look like this when I was younger. My only regret of the night is drinking hard cider, which has left me with a raging headache today. I do not regret, however, introducing one of those 50 year old hotties to both the concept of glory holes and the wonder that is Xtube. I hope he had a good time when he got home.
  • While unpacking groceries from my car trunk this morning I discovered this:

  • I suppose I bought this adorable beauty at an estate sale and it escaped from the bag, but I have absolutely no memory of having purchased it. So, it's a divine little surprise to find it, particularly since I'm in and out of my trunk at least a few times a week and we haven't been to an estate sale in months.
  • Stay tuned for a link to the new KDHX blog. I will be putting down my music related thoughts over in those parts. In fact, I should be working on my debut entry about Elbow right now.

1 comment:

Allison said...

There are plenty more books where those came from. Boxes and boxes and boxes...