Saturday, April 26, 2008

Nude!

I found more photos, so it's an excuse for another lazy post all about me me me!

Me, naked as a jaybird, somewhere between one and two years old. Check out the Early American decor! I just realized those chairs are the same ones I currently have in my dining room. Funny.


I'm pretty sure the top portion of that dress was red velvet. Isn't it lovely? Here I am perfecting the fake smile.


The essence of me? Perhaps on my more manic days. And shit, I had that frakking double chin when I was three. No wonder I've never been able to get rid of it.


My dad was getting a little artsy in his photography at this point. I'm digging that shirt and my hairdo. I had recently turned three when this was taken.


I love this photo. It's very different from most of the photographs my dad took. For some reason, it reminds me of a '60s psychodrama kind of movie. Specifically this crazy Carol Lynley thing I saw recently called Bunny Lake is Missing.


These two pictures were taken either by my mom or my brother Kenny in Germany. Near the end of my third grade year my mom and I traveled to Germany to see Kenny get married. For three weeks we drove all over Europe visiting Switzerland, France, Austria, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg and Germany, of course. In Munich I gazed at the Olympic grounds pool, dreaming of Mark Spitz. I don't suppose I thought too much about the terrorist events that went on as well. We were at a petting zoo when these were taken. That day I saw a goat being born which I remember as being disgusting and exciting and terribly interesting all at the same time. Perhaps my true love of goats was born this day! I think this was also the place where I discovered vending machines that sold FRESH FRENCH FRIES (or frites as they were known). How did that brilliance never come to the States?


A newspaper clipping of me and my cousin Judi, hanging out in the public park in good, ole Dexter, MO, home of my grandma and grandpa, and three aunts and their families. I still love tube tops and flip flops.


This was taken the day of my eight grade graduation/dance. My mom made the dress for me and it was fabulous, in a Gunne Sax tradition. The straps were satin ribbon and the same ribbon was used to wind through the ecru cotton lace trimming the top ruffle. If only you could see the brown leather strappy sandals with the four inch wooden heels. God, I loved those shoes.


Here I am at 15, perched on Sugar, my sister-in-law Lynn's cousin's horse (is that complicated enough?). My brother Bobby and Lynn lived in South County in this great log house on a big piece of land shared with Lynn's uncle. It was one of my favorite places to gather as a family. Actually probably my favorite place. I was really sad when they moved away from that house and the horses. This is my Rod Stewart sticky uppy shag growing out.


And here's a self portrait of my dad, Ken Alsobrook. I assume this was taken somewhere in the mid to late '60s.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are so cute, I can hardly stand it!!!

Unknown said...

It was inevitable that nude photos of me would show up on the Internet. *G*