Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Sometimes, I feel I gotta get away/Bells chime, I know I gotta get away

In the last few days I've watched "The Kids Are Alright" twice. I've been on a bit of a Who kick for the last several months and this movie just reinforces why. And it reminds me that Roger Daltrey was my first 'imaginary' boyfriend. You know "Pictures of Lily" right? In 1976, Roger was my Lily. Those flaxen curls, that smooth muscular chest, those skintight jeans and, most importantly, that voice, sent me into adolescent bliss.

But, my god, those were four beautiful men back in the day. The joy that is always bubbling over on Keith's angelic face just makes me miss him more; John's stalwart stance and dancing fingers will be forever missed; Pete's onstage mix of bliss and angst never fail to thrill me; and then Roger is just so Roger, and that's enough for me.

In this clip of "Won't Get Fooled Again" wait for the moment when Roger wails that famous "yeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaahhhh" and watch Pete. You'll get goosebumps. I did.

No comments: