Tuesday, April 24, 2007

I'm Making Coffee...

Before anyone really knew who Jenna Elfman was, she was in a commercial for something that involved her working as a barista and repeating "I'm making coffee!" rapidly and often. I loved that commercial although I have no memory of what it was advertising. Around the same time, Lauren Graham had a small recurring role as Shelly on Caroline in the City and I loved her. To me, they seemed of a type, albeit one dark, one light. I had a big crush on both of them. It was soon afterwards that they both co-starred on the late, lamented and short-lived Townies with Molly Ringwald. Molly Ringwald! Lauren Graham! Jenna Elfman! All on one show! It was too much for the world and was cancelled verily.

That is a very long exposition to explain the title of this entry.

Anyhoo, for the last several weeks, I've been looking for a stovetop espresso maker. Something like this one:

Or exactly like this one. Whatever. Now, I'm pretty sure I could just go to either an Italian store on the Hill and find one of these, or, even easier, to Cherokee Street to find a Latin version. However, when I say I've been looking for one, I mean hunting at a thrift store or a rummage sale or in some coffee lover's estate. Alas, no luck. And now, after reading Robin's blog, I find the urge to get one of these pots to make Cuban coffee (cafecito) nearly unbearable. I don't have a lot of discretionary income for such things, which is why I was hoping to find a $1 version, but I might just have to break down and and go shopping for one of these tomorrow. Sometimes I just become obsessed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I recently saw these pots for cheap, and now I can't remember where. I've always wanted one, too, especially now that my big espresso machine's packed for moving (eventually).

If I remember where I saw them, I'll let you know.

Anonymous said...

It was a Honda ad and Jenna's character kept saying "Regular or Decaf?" or something of the sort. The customer couldn't decide or wasn't even paying attention.

Anonymous said...

It's on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8IGtjurQgE

If you don't like clicking on links just search honda jenna elfman together in the search box on YouTube.