Monday, March 5, 2007

Huh?

Today we ponder the craziness of a certain plot point on Battlestar Galactica. Kara Thrace ("Starbuck") was apparently killed in her viper whilst in a sort of religious hallucination state. What the frak? I was happy to see Dorothy Lyman's name come up in the credits; I just knew she'd be playing Kara's mom in flashbacks. I loved Dorothy back in the day when she played trailer trash Opal on "All My Children" and heck, I'll even confess to enjoying her as Naomi (I did have to look up her character's name -- I'm not that sick) on more than a few episodes of "Mama's Family." I liked the idea of her playing a tough as nails ex-military woman and a pretty terrible mom, to boot.

On another BSG front, I watched a bit of "Bridget Jones' Diary" yesterday and noted that James Callis (Gaius Baltar) plays one of Bridget's best friends. Who knew?

Today I did nothing productive. I woke up with a sore throat and a feeling of impending flu. Ugh. Apart from a nice walk with Foxy Brown and Steve, I've done little other than lie around on the couch and poke around on the computer. Ah well. Tomorrow I have big plans for sewing some new handbags. We'll see what happens.

No comments: