Saturday, April 7, 2012

Asian Brown Rice and Tofu Salad/Mini-Madeleines

An overwhelming majority of respondents have voiced a preference for salad over soup this week, so that's what it shall be!

The salad will start with a base of nutty brown rice and a variety of vegetables including bean sprouts, peas, carrots, green onions, and whatever else might look good at the market. I will saute the tofu with ginger, garlic, and a bit of soy sauce so all the flavor gets absorbed by the tofu. For the dressing, there will be hints of sesame, sweet orange, ginger and garlic to bring all the flavors together.

Rather than a bread this week, I'm thinking a little dessert might be in order. And since I just acquired a mini-madeleine pan, mini-madeleines it shall be! Chocolate dipped if you so desire, plain if you don't! FYI, madeleines are a buttery French cake-like cookie (See photo below.) (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madeleine_(cake) )

Salad
1 quart/$8     2 quarts/$15     3 quarts/$22     4 quarts/$28

Cookies
$5/doz (I can mix and match plain and choco dipped!)

Please get your orders to me by 10am Sunday! Thank you!

Since Sunday is Easter, I will save all delivery/pickups for Monday (or later, if necessary). When you order, please let me know when you would be able to pick up or be home for delivery. Thanks! Email me at clp772@gmail.com or cattmkitchen@gmail.com.

Thanks!

No comments: