Monday, March 12, 2012

Split Pea Soup!

PLEASE PLACE YOUR ORDERS BY WEDNESDAY, MARCH 13 AT 10:00AM!

This week's soup was suggested by the Boy. He took the simplest concept of celebrating St. Patrick's Day - wearing green - and translated it to soup. No high concept corned beef and cabbage soup for Tiny Montgomery Kitchen; no, we're going with the prettiest, greenest soup we can think of- Split Pea!  Carry your quart around on St. Patrick's Day and then no one can pinch you for not "wearing" green.
I have long loved split pea soup and have eaten my share of the canned variety back in the day. But why eat canned soup when you can have freshly prepared (and better tasting!) homemade soup? I take a couple of different directions than the average split pea soup. For instance, in addition to ham, I love the zing and zest of a touch of chorizo in my soup. Of course, my split pea is full of carrots , but I also include a smattering of potatoes to add some heft. I love a sprinkling of thyme as well, but I think my favorite part of Split Pea soup is the flavor of the fragrant and deeply earthy bay leaves.

I will also be making fresh loaves of bread with whole wheat and white flours, plus a bit of cornmeal for crunch and texture. Perfect for slicing and dunking into your soup bowl!

Prices:
Soup          1 quart/$8        2 quarts/$15       3 quarts/$22       4 quarts/$28

Bread          $3.50/loaf

To order, you can email me directly at: clp772@gmail.com or cattmkitchen@gmail.com. Also, please sign up for my email newsletter.

PLEASE PLACE YOUR ORDERS BY WEDNESDAY, MARCH 13 AT 10:00AM!

No comments: