Thursday, October 13, 2011

Thursday Thrifting

We headed north today, to the Value Village on Natural Bridge and the one on N. Lindbergh. I didn't photograph them, but we got a pile of books including a beautiful version of Brideshead Revisited and Barrel Fever by David Sedaris, plus some collection edited by Dave Eggers. Woo hoo!

I am very excited by this very attractive vintage gold pepper mill/salt shaker combo. I've blown through several pepper mills in the last few years, so it's always nice to find an attractive (and cheap) one.
This jar isn't particularly attractive with the tulips, but I like the lid and the wire and wood handle. I'm seeing it full of little treats.
I have lots of wandering jew plant cuttings that will shortly need new permanent homes so I'm in the market for planters. A goofy owl and a not-vintage footed thingie will work.
This has been the year of buying wooden pieces and I just keep finding more. At this point, I'm thinking about using all the wood platters and bowls as displays for all my baked goods at Rock N Roll Craft Show. At least I won't have to worry about breakage during transportation!
And what the heck is monkeypod? Most of the things I've bought recently all say they are made of it, either made in Hawaii or the Phillipines.
The pineapple is monkeypod and the other is made in Sweden, so I have no idea what kind of wood it is.
And then, a teeny tiny pair of screw-on seahorse earrings. Years and years ago I had an erotic dream about little seahorse and I've never looked at them the same way.

No comments: