Sunday, August 26, 2007

Handbags and Gladrags

So, quite a bit of time since I last posted. Most of that time (including the last entry) was spent without a computer and/or Internet access. I didn't miss it as much as I thought I might.

The heat has finally let up a bit. We actually removed the AC from our bedroom last night and enjoyed the fresh air and mid-60s temperatures. It was lovely to wake up with the window open. I don't suppose the hot weather is over, but surely it won't be so bad from now on.

All creative energies (such as they are in the face of extreme heat and not much down time) have been spent getting some stuff ready for the Strange Folk Festival on September 22. It's gonna be great, so hie on over to O'Fallon, IL for the fun and arts and crafts that Saturday. It will also mark the re-emergence of Dana and Mail Order Bride Vintage on the craft scene! I can't wait to share booth space with her again! Anyway, I've been working on some simple, but kind of flashy scarves. This picture doesn't necessarily do justice to anything but the colors, but you kind of get the idea.


Other than that, not much happening around here except work work work. Steve has gone full time at Euclid plus he has a ton of freelance work on his plate. I'm working around 30+ hours a week, but it feels like more, maybe because it's rather stressful at work lately. Lots of no-shows resulting in under-peopled shifts which equals way more work for the people who do show up and extra stress for me because I feel like it's my responsibility to get everything that's supposed to be done completed even if we are short. Sigh. A definite dysfunctional family thing has hunkered down there. Countdown has begun to the new store, though. Construction has started, as I learned by pressing my nose to the front window on Friday. A little less than a month and I should be there! Huzzah!

Someday in the not too distant future I'll maybe feel sociable again. As it is, I get just about enough of humanity at work so I just want to snuggle in with Steve at home (for what little time we cross paths these days, anyway). And, oh yeah, I'm putting in for a loooooong leave of absence from my radio show. Or maybe resigning entirely. Still to be determined.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And I can't wait to hang out with you again at Strange Folk!!!! It has been waaaaaaaay too long. The new scarf colors look pretty. Looking forward to seeing what else you've made that I will need to buy. :)