Thursday, October 11, 2007

Mystery Dance

OK, here's a confession that won't be too much of a surprise to anyone who knows me well - I get way too emotionally involved in things that I shouldn't. Despite the fact that I may appear detached and even removed, inside I'm often roiling. It's stupid and causes me a lot of unnecessary agita. I know that, but what can I do about it? The ups, the downs; it's like little mini cases of bipolar disorder. "Don't take it personally" is one of the most absurd things I can hear. I take EVERYTHING personally. It's a curse.

So I expected twirling bluebirds and angels singing on my first day at the new store. OF COURSE I should have known better. And it wasn't terrible, or even bad. It just wasn't great. I am not at my best around lots of people for extended periods of time so by the time I left work yesterday I felt kind of like a failure. It's clear that lots of bonding has gone on and I'm way outside the circle and that makes me feel weird and kind of bad. Oh well, it can only get better, right?

Per my last entry, I found myself immobile when it came to making new paper products for Subterranean. I did manage to make some cute tags and packaging for my Sheldon galleries stuff. Check out their opening this Friday from 5-7p. The boutique will be making its debut that night. Free drinks and food to boot!

2 comments:

Allison said...

I feel your pain, sister. Our expectations are unreasonable. But free food sounds good!
Is it at least better than the old place?

Unknown said...

Oh, it'll be fine I'm sure. This weekend will be a litmus test. You need to post a pic of your new hair on your blog!